Wawrinka not worried about knee, says he’s ready for Aussie Open

first_imgLATEST STORIES Judy Ann’s 1st project for 2020 is giving her a ‘stomachache’ Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours Meralco ‘never the same’ after Almazan injury in PBA Finals Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina Redemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie Thompson Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Switzerland’s Stan Wawrinka returns against Spain’s Feliciano Lopez during their men’s singles first round tennis match at the ATP Aegon Championships tennis tournament at Queen’s Club in west London on June 20, 2017. AFP PHOTO / GLYN KIRKMELBOURNE, Australia — Former Australian Open champion Stan Wawrinka says he’s ready for this year’s tournament beginning next Monday after being sidelined from competitive tennis for six months.Wawrinka hasn’t played since Wimbledon and had left knee surgery in August, forcing him to miss the U.S. Open, where he was defending champion.ADVERTISEMENT OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacsoncenter_img OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacson MOST READ “Happy to be back on the tour and seeing the sun. Still a lot to do but I’m feeling really positive so looking forward to starting,” Wawrinka said Tuesday.Wawrinka, who won 2014 Australian Open, lost in the semifinals last year at Melbourne Park to eventual champion Roger Federer.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkWawrinka is set to join Novak Djokovic, Nick Kyrgios and Lleyton Hewitt in the Tie Break Tens tournament on Wednesday at Margaret Court Arena. Each match is a 10-point tiebreak. Scottie Thompson also worthy of Finals MVP, thinks Cone Brian Heruela arrival bolsters Phoenix backcourt, defense Draymond Green fined $25,000 by NBA Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next View commentslast_img read more

‘Totally Unacceptable and Unbecoming Acts of Violence’, Change Incorporated Foundation Boss Warns Quardu Gbondi…

first_imgThe Program Coordinator of a non-for-profit foundation based in Monrovia has described actions of the Quardu Gbondi citizens in Lofa County as ‘totally unacceptable and unbecoming acts of violence’ against the Liberian leader.A week ago the Liberian leader visited Lofa County officially intended to assess the conditions of the Ebola virus Disease impacts and accomplishments at the epic-center in Foya District and other areas.Program Coordinator Byrd Leroy Morris Sr. head of Change Incorporated (CI) further pointed out that the attitude of the Quardu Gbondi citizens and youths does not represent the aspirations of Liberian youth groups.“If we are young people are to take over the mantle of leadership of the nation in the near we must cultivate virtues that would commensurate with the herculean tasks ahead,” Mr. Morris stressed.He further indicated that the currently new wave of doctrine of disrespect to Constitutional authorities is becoming a vicious circle and called on all young Liberians to desist from unwholesome and ungodly attitude if Liberia is to forge ahead. Mr. Morris also noted that with young people assuming leadership let us as Liberians be more civil in their utterances to leaders especially those that are constitutionally elected in the country.The CI boss warned that Liberians cannot and should not vote people in power just to insult them and Liberians should channel their displeasures and grievances through other means rather than verbal abuses.“This is becoming a new culture and folks see this as a means of entering government and that is if one becomes fearless and provocative in their utterances, it is evident that the government may pacify him/her with a job,” Coordinator Morris asserted.Mr. Morris also pointed out some Liberians may want to argue that Boakai Jalieba allegedly insulted the President and was rewarded with an Assistant Ministerial Post.  He however, urged Liberians to leave that up to him and posterity will judge and rest of his people.Mr. Morris added that this trend should serve as a wake-up call to our leaders and those constitutionally elected to respect the young people and prioritize the well being of young people through the provision of employment and scholarship opportunities if we are to forge ahead as a nation and people.The CI head that Liberians should be more civil in addressing issues with their leaders and added that he is using this medium to apologize to the Liberian President for the rude behavior exemplified by youths in Lofa County.The CI head noted that the manner in which their grievances were meted out against the Liberian leader were indeed counterproductive.He also emphasized that the President will always be the President and this nation is a nation governed by law and people should respect those tents if this nation is to forge ahead and depend on the youth as future leaders of the country.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more