49ers Brandon Jacobs Responds To Negative Fans on Twitter

Playing in the NFL isn’t always fun and glamorous, a point Brandon Jacobs was hoping to make on Tuesday when he revealed some of the seedier side of his celebrity.The San Francisco 49ers running back is a big fan of Twitter and boasts 16,000 followers on the social media outlet.Only not all of them are all that nice, a lesson he discovered the hard way after the results of an MRI taken on the knee he injured against the Houston Texans earlier this month came back negative. The bruising 6-foot-4, 264-pound back tweeted about the positive results and expected a wave of cheers in response.That wasn’t exactly the case entirely.“One person said, ‘I hope you die a horrible death,’ ” Jacobs told Matt Maiocco of Comcast SportsNet Bay Area. “I tweeted him back saying, ‘I’m sure my wife and kids appreciate that. Have a good day.’ It’s stuff like that, it’s uncalled for. There are some real dumb, stupid people out there.”Jacobs, who helped lead the New York Giants to a Super Bowl championship last season before signing with the 49ers in the offseason, re-tweeted a handful of the boorish tweets that some offensive words in the hopes that they might shed better light on the kinds of rude antics professional athletes sometimes endure.“Everybody thinks this life is all easy,” he said, “and you’ve got to deal with nothing. I like for people to see what else is out there, what else we deal with as NFL players. Let them see what it is that we go through.”But Jacobs remained convinced that Twitter is a great way to communicate with fans in a positive way.“But it’s also a great method for weak, heartless cowards,” he said. “There are a lot of those people out there. It’s more funny to me than anything to know there are stupid, dumb people out there like that. I deal with it and move on with my day.” read more

County Supervisor urges judge to reconsider decision to release BolderthanMost rapist

first_img 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek  . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) – County Supervisor Dianne Jacob today urged a judge to honor a request by the District Attorney’s Office to reconsider a decision to place a sexually violent predator known as the “Bolder-Than-Most” rapist back into the community, where he would continue treatment under a conditional  release program.Last October, San Diego Superior Court Judge David Gill ordered Alvin Quarles released to a home in Jacumba Hot Springs, but an agreement to rent that residence fell through. The judge ordered Liberty Healthcare Corp., which runs the conditional release program, to conduct a countywide search for a new place for Quarles to live.Gill asked for and received an updated report from a doctor at Coalinga State Hospital regarding Quarles’ behavior and suitability for release into the community. That report remains under seal.Jacob — who represents eastern San Diego County where many sexually violent predators have been placed over the years — urged the judge to reconsider his decision to release Quarles.“This case is different,” the supervisor told the judge.Jacob said Quarles did not finish his classes at Coalinga and officials deemed him unsafe for release.“He is not safe to be released into the community,” Jacob told the judge.Outside court, Jacob told reporters that Quarles will remain at Coalinga until Gill decides whether to reconsider his decision to release him.“He (Quarles) is a really, really, bad guy,” the supervisor told reporters.Deputy District Attorney Jessica Coto said a date will be selected next Friday for the judge to hear evidence on why he should reconsider his decision to set Quarles free.Quarles, 56, was dubbed the “Bolder-Than-Most” rapist because he attacked his victims at knifepoint, sometimes forcing the women’s husbands or boyfriends to watch.He pleaded guilty in 1989 to committing more than a dozen sexual assaults in the mid-to-late 1980s and was sentenced to 50 years in prison.Prior to Quarles’ release from prison, the District Attorney’s Office filed a petition to have him civilly committed as a sexually violent predator.In 2014, Quarles was committed to the Department of State Hospitals to undergo sex offender treatment.In September 2016, Quarles petitioned the court to be granted release through the Conditional Release Program for sex offenders. KUSI Newsroom County Supervisor urges judge to reconsider decision to release ‘Bolder-than-Most’ rapist Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter January 4, 2019 KUSI Newsroom, Posted: January 4, 2019last_img read more