Griezmann confirms he will leave Atletico this summer

first_img Source: Marca Antoine Griezmann will play his final match with Atletico Madrid on Saturday after informing the club and his teammates that he is going to leave the club this summer.The French forward, during a meeting with Diego Simeone and president Miguel Angel Gil Marin, expressed his decision to depart the Wanda Metropolitano, with everything pointing towards Griezmann joining Barcelona.It should be remembered that Griezmann’s release clause, at present, is 200 million euros after he signed a new contract with Atletico just last summer.However, that figure drops to 120m euros from July 1. As such, Los Rojiblancos will receive 96m euros from the deal as Real Sociedad retained a 20 percent sell-on fee, so La Real will be given the remaining 24m euros.In recent days, Simeone stated that Griezmann had indicated that he wanted to remain at the club, yet his departure is something that was feared.Therefore, rather than get embroiled in a game of manipulation, like what happened last summer, the leaders at Atletico wanted to hear from the No.7 himself about whether he was going to stay or go.The World Cup winner was honest in the meeting, articulating his belief that his cycle with Atletico had come to an end. Although he thanked the club for the affection he has received since arriving from La Real in 2014, as well as noting the effort made to keep him at the Wanda, Griezmann alluded to the need for a new challenge.Thus, while Griezmann negotiates with Barcelona, Atletico’s revolution this summer will include replacing their go-to star and regular goalscorer over the last few seasons. It will not be an easy task at all.last_img read more

B&E suspects remanded to prison

first_imgDeon Brown and Trevon Alleyne appeared before Magistrate Sherdel Isaacs-Marcus on Monday at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts to answer to a charge of larceny.It is alleged that between April 26 and 27, 2019 at Lot 104 Regent Road, Bourda, Georgetown, Brown and Alleyne broke and entered the business place of Vivekananda Ramoutar and stole a quantity of items worth $1.2 million.Both men pleaded not guilty to the charge when it was read to them.The prosecution’s case contended that on April 27, Police ranks, acting on information received, went to the location, where it was discovered that the business had been broken into. Upon investigating, the ranks found the two men on the premises with the articles. They were subsequently arrested.Brown, a 38-year-old mason, of Lot 207 Charlotte Street, Georgetown, told the court he resided next door to the business, in a house with eight other persons. He added that he woke up and four cops were standing over him, asking him for the items he stole, but he said he denied knowledge of the incident. He told the court that the ranks went into the upper flat and brought down a battery and nipper. The man said he was arrested along with the other occupants of the home, but the others were later released, while he remained in custody.Twenty-year-old Alleyne told the court he saw a battery outside and he took it.The Police Prosecutor objected to bail based on the fact that both men were arrested at the scene with the items in their possession.They were remanded to prison, and the case was scheduled to continue on May 2, 2019.last_img read more