Garbage catches fire residents get panicky
Amberpet: The piled-up garbage in nala near Golnaka bridge slaughter house caught fire on Friday, causing a scare and panic among residents of nearby colonies, as thick smoke emerged. They heaved a sigh of relief after a fire fighter put out the blaze. The Kacheguda and Ambarpet police reviewed the situation.Speaking to The Hans India, the residents stated that that the piled-up garbage included thermocol boxes, cardboards, plastic and other wastes thrown by nearby ice cream company and fish market besides local residents. They said similar fire mishaps had occurred in the past. Also Read – Secunderabad: Major General N Srinivas Rao makes farewell visit to AOC Advertise With Us The residents expressed anxiety that the piled up garbage was causing foul smell and was likely to result in ailments among people living near the nala. They contended that people were throwing wastes into the nala and also in the Musi river because of lack of parapet wall/fencing, with an appeal to the public representatives to arrange construction of the parapet wall or install a fencing as a permanent solution to prevent accumulation of garbage in the nala and the Musi.